Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Uni Sushi

I love sushi!

It may be a bit of an acquired taste.  It's not something that I used to think I would enjoy but I started out slowly with cooked items like Ebi Nigeri (cooked shrimp on rice) and California Rolls and worked my way up from there.  Now I'll eat just about any kind of sushi.  One kind of sushi that I always wanted to try is Uni Sushi.  Uni is the edible part of the sea urchin.  I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I'm fairly adventurous and often like new things when I try them.

I had Uni Sushi last week and it was delicious!  The Uni did not taste like fish to me, more of a meaty taste but I can't think of anything to compare it to.  I'll definitely have it again.

How do you feel about sushi?  Is there any unusual food that you want to try?

Ebi Nigiri

Uni Sushi


Pictures are from aboutsushi.net.  They also have a guide to trying sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment