Friday, September 17, 2010

Concrete + broken glass + metal = Jewelry? Pretty Jewelry?

I came across the Etsy shop DrCraze yesterday and I was blown away by this original jewelry!  It's so pretty and interesting.  And there must be something metaphorical about a concrete cloud.  : )  Or is it an oxymoron?

The pink earrings below are my favorite.  I love that they're made from such industrial materials and yet they're lovely and delicate.

I was so excited about this discovery I just had to blog about it.

Have a great night!

Karla

Here's the description for the cloud (I like the nod to Bob Ross):
"This happy little cloud features white concrete accented with clear crushed glass bound with recycled stainless steel. Pendants include a 16" sterling silver chain.(If you would like an 18" chain simply specify in checkout.)

The finish is ground to expose the colored matrix of the glass/cement mix and diamond polished to a lustrous sheen.

The dimensions are 1" by 5/8"

Contains 75% post consumer recycled glass. We collect almost all our glass from our local beaches"





Disclosure:  I have received no products or compensation.  I don't know DrCraze, but did get his permission to use his images.

13 comments:

  1. Hi found your blog on Surfin Saturday. I am your newest follower, hope you will drop in and check out my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you back! thank you! and you are living my dream!(on a farm) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Thanks for joining Surfin' Saturdays! Following you back

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found you blog on Surfin Saturday. I am your newest follower. Stop by when you can.
    http://mastersandamom.blogspot.com/
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on This for that..I am your newest follower, would love a follow back!
    http://tammylynes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are super pretty. I absolutely LOVE the look!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. I'm your newest follower from saturday blog hop:) lovely blog. you can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us on Surfin' Saturday...following you back...love this jewelry - thanks for sharing!
    Beth @ Two Monkeys & a Washtub

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you at This for That - now following GFC. If you get a chance, please visit me at Minding Spot! http://mindingspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. visiting from this for that! :) added you GFC. i have a special right now for mom blogger makeovers for only $40. everything incld. plus FREE logo graphic. not sure if you'd be interested, but something unique to set your blog apart...and "brand" yourself. :) keep me in mind.
    thanks.
    keep up the great work!
    CraftyMom
    http://www.mycraftymom.net/blog/shop/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,

    New follower from Surfin Saturdays.

    Great blog you have here. Look forward to seeing more.

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower from This for That! I'd love it if you could come vote for me!

    http://saveup.savings.com/?page_id=178

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a great find, those really are so beautiful and great way to reuse.

    ReplyDelete